Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Robin's Nest



WHAT I HAD: The Natural- Portabello Mushrooms, Sweet Roasted Red Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, Red Onion, Spinach, Provolone, a Roasted Garlic Spread all on Ciabatta

Address: Heart of downtown Salt Lake. 311 South Main.

Many times at lunch I am starving (well that is everytime) but I can't put my finger on something I want to eat. Cafe Rio? Just had that. 5 guys? Too fattening. McDonalds? I'm not that starving. Once I visited the Robin's Nest I found my muse for lunch. Something intelligent, not too greasy, and not too ordinary.

You walk in and there is a wall of people. I would like to describe the decor/atmosphere. But being 5'3" all I saw was hair and coats. I think that had something to do with it being noon. Robin's Nest is deli style where you order, pay, they call out your name and you pick it up. For having so many people inside, I thought we'd be waiting forever, but they were surprisingly fast. We even found a seat. Their menu is mostly sandwiches, but I think they had a few salads and maybe a soup of the day. I ordered the Natural (they all have cheeky names) and that came with a side and a cookie. And that is not potato chips and some thawed out chocolate chip cookie. I had a delicious orzo pasta salad with a Mexican wedding cookie. My sandwich was vegetarian, but it had tons of flavor and great texture. I just ordered a half sandwich and ate every bit of it. A perfect amount of food for relatively cheap ($8).

I can finally end this quest for a cheap, fast, and most importantly, delicious, lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds tasty. If only I lived in SLC. Logan has a serious lack of these types of restaurants, that and someplace decent for breakfast other than the usually super crowded and super slow Cafe Ibis which I do love.

    ReplyDelete