Friday, April 24, 2009

Pizzeria 712




WHAT I HAD-
App: Braised beef shortribs, anson mills polenta, horseradish sauce
Entree: Spec, sopprasata, mozzarella, garlic pizza
Dessert: Cookie sandwich, spotted dog ice cream, chocolate sauce

Address: 312 South State Street, Orem or go here for a map.

Although it was a little tricky to find (it's located in the midst of some unfinished condos) Pizzeria 712 was well worth the scout around the large, otherwise empty, building. The atmosphere was intimate and unpretentious with local art adoring the walls and ikea dinnerware. We went around 6 on a Saturday night and it had quite a few people already there, so we were glad we made reservations. By the time we left there was a a wait.



We started out with complimentary hummus and house-made pita bread that was unique to me for a restaurant's filler bread and I quite enjoyed it.



Then we had the braised shortribs. yum. It was so tender we ate the whole thing with a fork, but I bet a spoon would have even sufficed.


We shared the pizza. The sauce was vaguely familiar of the sauce we had on a pizza in Rome. Very basic tomato. No fuss. It was light and delicious. I thought the portions were perfect.


Then we had the cookie sandwich dessert. It was pretty much what you would expect. Chocolate chip cookie with ice cream sandwiched between and chocolate sauce on top. Nothing special. I kind of expected the cookies to be warm, that would have made it better. It was very small, but all I need when I'm done with a meal is a little bit of sweet, so that didn't bother me. I was wishing we would have ordered the panacotta instead. I left not feeling full or hungry. Just satisfied. ES felt the portions were small for him (mind you we did share everything) and left feeling a little like he needed more. Overall, we had a good time, good food, and would probably go there again if we ever had to eat in Utah county again.

3 comments:

  1. yum! If I get back to Utah, I will have to check this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the blog. Can you include the addresses of the places you review?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Now I can't wait to come to Utah and try some of these places.

    ReplyDelete