Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bruge's Waffles



WHAT I HAD: Cinnamon Waffle, Fresh Strawberries, Crème fraîche

Address: 336 West Broadway, Salt Lake City


Have you ever had a Belgian waffle? Oh you have a Belgium Waffle Maker you say? Well I'm sorry to say that doesn't mean you've had a Belgian Waffle.

Don't worry, you don't have to travel all the way over to Belgium to get an authentic waffle, Bruge's Waffles and Frites has some pretty authentic and definitely delicious waffles waiting for you only as far as Broadway.



We stopped by Bruge's on the way to the Farmer's market and enjoyed walking through the market almost as much as our cinnamon waffle, with fresh strawberries and crème fraîche. It was a steep $6 each, but the toppings were worth it. It was made the second I paid for it. They also have freshly made fries (or Frites) with a long list of gourmet toppings like Garlic Aioli, Beef Carbonnade, and of course Fry Sauce. I intended to post a picture of this delectable morning treat, but I ate it faster than I could say "Cheese". Guess I will have to get another one this Saturday!

Addendum: Lovely to have an excuse to get another! The third time I went back for another I finally remembered to take a picture!

4 comments:

  1. sounds delicious! Hope to get over there soon. I had one at the Farmer's Market last year and won't ever forget how amazing it tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum...I'm still wanting to go try this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw an article on KSL.com about this restaurant and went searching for reviews. Loved that you had the review, the price and the link to the restaurant. Thanks! Now I want to go. And I'll be back to check out more reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be happy to buy a really good waffle for only $6.00- I think that is quite reasonable. Thank you for the recommend.

    ReplyDelete