Sunday, July 12, 2009

Moochie's



WHAT I GET: Meatball Sub or Philly Cheese, Potato Salad, Bread Pudding

Address: 232 East 800 South, Salt Lake City

Anyone from Salt Lake has probably been to Moochies. They are famous for their Philly Cheese and their Meatball sub. If you watch Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives, you may have seen them on tv. I'm telling you, famous.



I would suggest it's best to get your sub to go, the furniture consists of a card table and some old metal folding chairs. But they are definitely a diamond in the rough. Their potato salad is mysteriously divine. I would love to get my meatball-sticky-hands on that recipe. I think it could easily over-shadow their subs if potato salad could ever do such a thing. The bread pudding is a surprise with a zing of lemon zest and cinnamon. I wouldn't ever think that was a good combination, but dang. I don't even really like bread pudding. It's usually heavy and too sweet. Moochie's bread pudding is light and fluffy like Tiramisu and well, just as good.

2 comments:

  1. As a foodie I thought you might be interested in a new service I'm involved with. Check it out at MenuSpecial.com.

    ReplyDelete